Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thing # 19 - Web 2.0 Awards List

When I visited the Web 2.0 Awards Site, I was immediately humbled by the knowledge thatthere are over 500 WEb 2.0 tools out there and how few I have learned, and how even fewer I have mastered, and how many more I have to learn. And now, I here, Web 3,0 stuff is already appearing. I really have a lot to learn.

I looked at the award winners in books and was pleased that I was familiar with 2 out of the top 3 sites, LibraryThing and Biblio.com. I would like to learn more about lulu, as I have always aspired to be a writer.

Similarly, I was excited to learn that I had visited 2 of the top 3 hosted wili sites as well, wetpaint and pbwiki. However, there were many categories where I had never heard of that website.

This looks like a great site to begin an exploartory trip through the websites listed ina specific area. I sure that the award winning sites have value and would be worth the time investment to explore the category of interest.

I think the Web 2.0 Awards could be used for research in a middle school, high school, and college age environment with great success. It is probably too advanced for elementary students to access indedoendently. As a librarian, I would want to have this site inmy research toolbox and probably want to bring it to the attention of my teachers as well.

No comments: