Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thing # 15 - Library Web 2.0

I visited the Digital Ethnography site and reviewed the transcript of a vision of students today. I could identify with some of what he was saying, but I found the reaction postings far more elucidating, particularly the perspectives of the foreigners to the American student's view of the classroom. Such hostility! and so many opposing viewpoints.

I hope we can someday all agree to disagree peacefully.

As to what Library 2.0 means to me, I see libraries at a threshhold of opportunity - we librarians can choose to embrace and learn the technological tools of the future, or we can fall by the wa\yside and be forgotten, like some of the dusty books moldering unread in some of the backshelves of our libraries.

I think the future role of librarians is as a facilitator and teacher of learning tools and methods used to access and manage information, not just a textbook custodian. And I am excited to be learning about it through these 23 things.

No comments: