Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thing # 17 - Sandbox

I had no idea when I started this technology class that what I learned could have such a profound effect on how I do my job and how I can improve on doing my job by using some of the Web 2.0 tools I have learned here! My giggest question is - why hadn't I heard of this before? Why aren't we disseminating this more quickly and more broadly? Why don't new teachers and librarians and those in training for such not know more about Web 2.0 technology? This is too big and too important to hide in a college class. Why isn't there a blurb about it and a link to a teaching website on the 6:00 news at least once a month. It's a shame that we have such wonderful technology that so few people actually know about. And, I'm talking educated people with multiple college degrees. This could benefit anyone who uses a computer, whether they use it at the library or at school or have their own home computer. Let spread the word. We need more national publicity about Web 2.0 and even 3.0.

I enjoyed playing in the SBISD Sandbox and reading evryone else's comments. The overwhelming reactions all seem to include amazement and excitement at learning the web 2.0 technology. I hope we can padd this on to our students as well.

No comments: