Wednesday, April 9, 2008

23 Things - #1

I enjoyed the discovery exercise on lifelong learning. In particular, the "break out of the box" metaphor is an apt way to describe lifelong learners. It describes the attitude of successful lifelong learners.
Important concepts were reinforced about how and where such learning occurs. The comment from the powerpoint "all citizens are provided with learning opportunities in numerous contexts : at work, at home, and through leisure activities" sounds eerily close t the mission statement our school, Woodview Elementary, just wrote to describe the views of our professional learning community. We are trying to develop a best practices school. Many of the concepts from the slideshow are in our mission statement.
If you haven't read or done the 23 things, you should. Go to http://library2play.blogspot.com/ to learn more about it.
Right now I am very frustrated with trying to navigate through the blog. I need a little more direction than has been provided. I am working on a MacIntosh computer, but not everything works on a Mac, and I am not always sure when it is my fault or when it is the incompatibility of the software with the platforms. For example, I could not use Safari to set up my blog. I had to use Firefox, which is notoriously difficult to navigate backwards through. I end up closing all my tabs and having to go back in and find where I was last in the history folder. It's really slow and inefficient to work that way. I think that's one reason I put off setting up my blog. Dealing with the difficulties has been very time-consuming and frustrating, and I'm a very patient person. But, why can't all of the technology sources just get along and be compatible? I'd like to know how to create a hidden link, but I cannot yet decipher the help text. Oh well, there's always next time.
I'm not sure if this will automatically post a date, so I'm including one as I bring my posting about Thing #1 to a close. I'm excited to go on and learn the other things.

No comments: